Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Seeing something wonderful in every day!

Dogs mostly live in the moment, which means we pay attention to RIGHT NOW! Humans often live in their heads, paying attention to yesterday, or last year, or some distant day in the future.

What's worse is that when humans use their gift of imagination to REMEMBER the past or think about the future, they often work with worries, fears and unhappiness. Ouch! That must really hurt your heads, and I know over time that sort of thinking hurts your heart as well.

Thinking positively and reframing the way you think so that you spend more time being aware of what's going on around you (or inside you) can be difficult if you haven't done it before.

Luckily I'm a life coach, so here's my big advice for today. Don't try and change the way you think overnight. Instead just take some tiny nibbles out of today, and you'll find that it tastes delicious. Now to do this you need to understand that TODAY and RIGHT NOW are happening all around you, not just in your head! So, look around and notice what makes you smile, or feel better, or even laugh out loud. The delight is in the detail.

My List Of Something Wonderfuls so far Today:
  • It' sunny - hooray!
  • Breakfast was delicious
  • There is an interesting bug on that tree that I can't quite reach but he smells great! (Stinkbug!)
  • You can eat a dandelion head and it's all fluffy in your mouth. When you cough the bits all fly away out of your mouth. Amazing. Let's do that one a few more times because it's so much fun

Mum's list of Something Wonderfuls so far Today:

  • It's sunny - hooray
  • I can't stop laughing watching Charlie and Bert sniffing in rature at that stinkbug
  • My jonquils are flowering - beautiful!
  • A fairy wren is dancing in front of my window
  • This apricot jam on toast is divine
  • This cup of tea is just what I need Mmmmmm........
  • I love it when my husband hugs me!

Learning: Focus on small things that brighten your day. They are everywhere. Just look around. But to do that, get out of your head first. There's a lot to be grateful for right now, and the more you find that makes you feel happy and grateful, the more you'll find. Trust me - it's true.

Have a groovey, happy blowing-dandelions-making-wishes kind of day, Love Charlie xx

No comments: