Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Roasts and Other Slow Foods!


There is dinner roasting in the camp oven right now. My Mum is an excellent camp cook! There's something in her cooking pots for everyone, including me and Bert. I am so excited I am doing doggy circles of happiness around the paddocks chasing my tail. I always get some of the Sunday family roast. It's a great tradition.


Sunday is a happy day. It's a day for resting and walking and playing outside and contemplating life. It's a family day. When we're out in the fields like this at our farm you can feel very connected with nature. Everyone feels it, they just don't always know what it is they are feeling. But dogs do!

And what I like about Sunday is how it feels. Relaxed. Different to other days. A good time to share a meal, and each other's company. A day to find some peace for ourselves and some connection with the ones we love.

We dogs can do this any day but humans often don't even make one day a week to slow down and remember who they are, and where they are from. That's why roasts are good. It's slow food. It takes time to prepare and time to cook and then you have space for thinking.
Learning: Sundays are beautiful days, if you let them be. They can fill you up with gratitude. And gratitude raises your vibration - which is always a good thing. Everyone needs a day of rest. It's good for the soul, and good for all the souls you'll meet next week who'll be glad you got some time out to rest and replenish. Enjoy your Sunday. I'm doing the happiness dance to send out bright sparks of love to all of you. I wish you a place at our table. Shut your eyes and you'll be there. Surrounded by big family love, slow food and a warm welcome.
Lots of Love from Charlie xx

No comments: